Friday, May 1, 2015

Roar

On todays episode of Get Fit or Die Trying, tiny hippo ventures outside into the backyard...

Today I mowed the lawns.
All of the lawns.
All by myself.
It took nearly two hours.
There was some hill action included.
I made many a strange noise hauling the mower back and forth, up and down.
I also had many images of pushing it up, slipping and having it roll back over me....
Mmm gruesome.
I mowed the crap out of that lawn until the sun went down.
It was a magical moment, enjoying the fruits of my labour (what?), witnessing the soft blue grey sunset, listening to Wiz Khalifa on my turbo bass headphones.

Magical.

My elusive app confirmed my 6000 steps and 60 minutes of activity.
I'm already feeling better in myself even after 4 days.
I feel more awake. I am lying in bed writing this but I'm not completely exhausted.

I mowed the damn lawn.

I am tough as balls.

I am woman, hear me roar.


No comments:

Post a Comment